Monday 31 January 2011

Why?

Ten years ago this month, a disease caused havoc in the British countryside.  It changed the lives of many people, myself included.

For ten long years I've kept my silence about what I saw and did during that terrible year.  In an attempt to help myself to feel better, I've decided to write about that time.

These posts will be made using my memories; with the aid of notebooks I kept.  I did have an 'official' diary, which detailed everything I did at that time, but unfortunately that was taken off me by my employer at the end of my involvement with them.

Names of people and places will be changed: I realise that not everyone wants to be reminded of that year, and would not want to offend others who were affected.

The disease, of course, was Foot and Mouth Disease.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, if anyone is having the same trouble finding the next installment log in (for example using your Twitter account) and click on 'Newer Post' below.

    ReplyDelete